Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We've been busy but it's not because we don't love you. We love you.

A Dear Reader submitted the following query about a week ago:

I have a small gold chain that I got in Israel (a necklace for a chamsa). It broke last week, so I brought it to a repair shop to be re-soldered. I just picked it up and it's now at least 2'' LONGER. It looks exactly the same. How is this possible, and what should I do?

We ruminated on it, and then we got sort of busy, and then it was a long weekend, and then every time AJD went to her home she crawled under her covers instead of turning on her computer, and then! we received this:

So it turns out that gold chains can stretch up to a couple of inches without breaking or showing much in the way of distress. The jewelry shop was very nice about it, and shortened it for free (including returning the extra segment to me.) So I guess problem solved? Sorry!

Thanks, Dear Reader, for not only solving your own problem, but for letting us know about it. You saved us the work, which was very sweet of you.

We have several question-and-answers percolating at the moment, so steel yourselves: much brilliance and common sense comes your way soon. Really, we promise.

(SEND US YOUR QUESTIONS! SEND US YOUR QUESTIONS!!!)

No comments: